The APPSFOROFFICE installation includes a number of files which can be customised by authors; including:
1. MS Word Templates
2. Excel workbooks containing glossary entries, download lists for apps SmartDoc, and author and contact details.
You can access many of these files via the apps Formatting Admin menu menu, and to modify the templates, you'll find them in your User Templates location.
Under Windows 7 and Windows 8:
1. Open Windows Explorer
2. Display Hidden Files and Folders
(See this post
http://appsforoffice.freshdesk.com/discussions/topics/40480/page/last/#post_96481 to display Hidden files and folders)
3. You can go directly to folders like the Templates folder that are hidden under the AppData series of folders (Application Data in Windows XP) by typing the folder links below in the Address bar of the Explorer Window (not Internet Explorer!).
Open Windows Explorer by right-clicking the Windows Start button
Select Open Windows Explorer
Note - replace [Username] with your username
In Windows 7:
c:\Users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Templates, press Enter
c:\users\[Username]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Word\Startup, press Enter
In Windows XP
c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates, press Enter
c:\Documents and Settings\[Username]\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup, press Enter
4. You will need to backup all files in both your Templates and Startup folders, and sub-folders.
5. apps WorkSmart, and apps SmartDoc both store file details in a register, and by default, new proposals and reports are stored in a folder under My Documents. This folder is called Proposal Register, and Wizard Proposals. Back these up as well.