Start a new topic
Solved

VSTOR_REDIST.EXE is not a valid Win32 application

When installing APPS FOR OFFICE, I followed the instructions and downloaded the VSTOR_REDIST.EXE file to my desktop.  I right-clicked on it, and selected Run as Administrator. 

Then I go this message:

c:\Users\[username]\Desktop\vstor_redist.exe is not a valid Win32 application.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit, Office 2010 32 bit.

SOLUTION

========

This error seems happen if you try and install VSTOR_REDIST.EXE before it has finished downloading.

It doesn't seem to matter whether you are running Windows 7 32-bit or 64-bit, Office 32 bit or 64 bit.

Open File Explorer, and click on the Desktop folder. 

You should be able to see Desktop it in your Favorites list, but if not, go to your c:\Users\[username] folder.  And you will then see the Desktop folder.

Click on it, so you can see the files and folders stored on your Desktop in File Explorer.

Select View and choose Details.

You should now be able to see the size of the files on the Desktop.

Check that the size of the file is 39MB.

If not, download the file again, and don't attempt to run it until the size is between 39MB and 40MB 0- which means that the file has finished downloading.

If this doesn't seem to apply, and you have received this message, I would still delete your installer file, and download the file again.

Make sure you are not trying to run any of the installer files from the web server (without downloading) - as this could run into the same issues - not downloading fast enough to install correctly; so download first, then install. :-)

Please advise if your file is the correct size and you still get this error.

Login or Signup to post a comment