1. Move the cursor to the bottom left hand corner to access the Start symbol or hit the Windows button.
2. Right click on the new windows start symbol to access the control panel, system information, configuration of the relationship between the new start menu and the old desktop approach.
3. Move cursor into the top right hand corner to access the settings icons and "charms".
4. Move the cursor into the top left hand corner, then move the cursor down the side of the screen to pull up opened programs and switch between these.
5. Move the cursor to the top of the page to commence the split screen option.
6. The touch features operate slightly differently to this. Swipe your finger from right to left on the right hand side of the screen to pull up the settings/charms options. Swipe from left to right on the right hand side of the screen to switch to desktop view.
7. Shutting down PC - right click on the new start icon at the bottom right hand corner of the screen; or access the settings on the right hand side of the screen.
8. To escape from application screens and get back to the Start menu push the Windows button or swipe the right hand side icons and hit the Windows icon.
9. Right click existing Start menu icons to un-pin these from the Start screen.
10. Search for new apps to pin to the home screen via the down arrow towards the bottom left of the Start screen.
11. Go into a explorer desktop folder and right click on that folder to pin that folder to the Start menu.
12. Favourite websites can be pinned to the Start menu in some browsers. At this stage you cannot pin favourite websites in Google Chrome to the Start menu.
Hope this saves someone some time!